Trying to understand Medicare can sometimes feel like trying to understand hieroglyphs (unless you already understand that, then its something more challenging). After you enroll in Medicare Part A (Hospital Coverage) and Part B (Medical Insurance), you have a big decision to make: Will you get a Medicare Supplement Plan or will you get a Medicare Advantage plan. While there are pros and cons to both, here are some questions to consider when making this decision:
Questions to consider for Medicare Supplements:
- Do you travel a lot and need the flexibility of not having a network?
- Do you have several doctors that you need to see regularly?
- Can you afford the monthly payments?
- Can you health qualify? (if you are outside of your guaranteed issue period)
- Can you afford a stand-alone prescription drug plan? (Supplement plan do not cover Part D drugs)
Questions to consider for Medicare Advantage:
- What plans are available in my county?
- Which plans will my doctors accept?
- Do I need to select a Primary Care Physician for my plan? Do I need a referral to see a specialist?
- Which plans will cover my prescription drugs?
- What will my annual max out of pocket be?
These are just a few of the important questions that you should ask yourself, or your loved one if you are helping them with this decision, before you make your decision. MR Insurance Solutions can guide you in the process and empower you to “Put The ‘ME’ Back in Medicare.” Contact us if we can be of any service to you.